Terms and Conditions
- Payment and signing of "Waiver and Release Form" and acknowledgement of the ‘Terms and Conditions’ are required prior to pick-up of rental equipment.
- Identification Card is required to rent kayaks.
- CUSTOMERS MUST CONTACT BEARFOOT KAYAK LLC @252-378-2113 IF INTENDING TO COMPLETE THE RENTAL EARLY. CALL WHEN RETURNING TO THE START POINT OR WHEN FINISHED. REMAIN WITH THE EQUIPMENT UNTIL BEARFOOT KAYAK LLC ARRIVES.
- ALL customers must be at least 65 lbs. to use any equipment without a guide.
- Maximum weight for a single kayak is 250 lbs; maximum weight for the tandem kayak is 500 lbs.
- Customers must be 10 years old to use single-person watercraft and be accompanied on the water by an adult.
- Customers must be 16 years old to go out alone with legal parent/guardian consent/signature and driver’s license number on waiver and release form.
-Children must be 8 years old to accompany an adult in the tandem kayak without a guide. Children must be 5 years old or older to accompany an adult in the tandem kayak with the River Guide present.
- Boats are to be used only by the original customer(s). Additional customers wishing to use the same watercraft must sign waiver and rental agreement.
- Never leave equipment unattended.
- Lifejackets should stay on and clipped. Federal law requires paddlers 13 years old and younger to wear a life vest at all times.
- It is against federal law to chase wildlife. For your safety and to remain in compliance with the law, leave wildlife alone and keep a safe distance.
- It is against federal law to interfere with the operation of other boats and power boats. Remain to the right side of the river as you paddle, to ensure a clear path for other watercraft and ensure your safety.
- No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use prior to renting or while renting any watercraft. Customers suspected of intoxication will be asked to leave without a rental and/or refund.
- No hunting or fishing from rented watercraft.
- Property along the river is private property. Unless it is an emergency situation, do not exit your boat and loiter on land.
- By renting equipment, customer understands the variable and severe nature that weather can pose. BearFoot Kayak LLC will cancel rentals if significant risk of inclement weather is likely. However, customers/paddlers assume all risks if inclement weather strikes during the rental.
-By renting equipment, customer understands that wildlife is present and can be unpredictable. Customer/paddlers assume all risks associated with outdoor sports.
- BearFoot Kayaks LLC is not responsible for any personal injuries or damage to the customer's personal property during rental.
- Late Return: A fifteen (15) minute grace period is allowed for time overages, beyond that, customers will be charged $10 per boat for every additional hour.
- If a chase boat is dispatched to locate you, you will be charged an additional $25 for a retrieval.
-$10 cancellation fee will apply if reservation is canceled within 24 hours of rental appointment.
-$20 cancellation fee will apply if reservation is cancelled within 1 hour of rental appointment.
- You are responsible for serious damage or lost gear during your reservation. You will be charged for items upon return of rental equipment if deemed necessary by Bearfoot Kayak LLC owner or employees. The initial reservation payment will not cover the cost of lost or damaged equipment.
Prices of equipment are as follows: Single Kayak $250, Tandem Kayak $800, Canoe $500, Kayak Paddle $40, Canoe Paddle $20, Vest $20, Kayak leash $6.
CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED PROPERTY IF DAMAGE OCCURRED DURING THE RENTAL. BY PROCEEDING WITH THE RENTAL, CUSTOMER DEEMS EQUIPMENT IN GOOD CONDITION.
By renting, I agree to the above terms and conditions.